April 11, 2017: Speaker at IES Charlotte, NC: "The Future of Lighting Controls"
October 24, 2016: Annual IES Conference on Smart Lighting: "Internet of Things: Mobile's Role in Lighting"
November 17, 2015: LED Specifier Summit in Chicago: Speaker on "Internet of Things: Mobile’s Role in Smart Lighting"
March 14-15, 2015: Selected Entrepreneurship Roadmap Scholar
March 6, 2015 - LEDucation: Presentation and Speaker about "The Role And Disruptive Impact Of Wireless Lighting Controls"
November 19, 2014 - Selected for the Thoughtful Things Fund by KBCP Google Ventures, NEST in SF
October 1, 2014 - Featured at AlleyNYC's Startup Happy Hour
September 30, 2014 - Demonstrated at WeWork Labs Demo Day
June 3-5, 2014 - Exhibited at Lightfair as part of the TSR Booth #8417 in Las Vegas
- 2015 Finalist in the 11th Annual Hospitality Design Awards in the Technology Category
- "Golden A'Design Award Winner" in Mobile Technologies, Applications and Software Design Category, 2014-2015
- September 2015: Launch of iOS Premium Version
- May 2015 - Launched our Commercial Android Version in the Google Play Store
- November 2014 - Selected for the Thoughtful Things Fund by KPCB, Google Ventures, NEST in SF
- August 1, 2014 - Launched our Home Consumer App in the iTunes Store - PRESS RELEASE
- Mar 2017: LED Magazine: IoT drives an expanded ecosystem in the lighting value chain
- Feb 2017: New York Times: Light Bulbs That Help you Sleep
- Feb 2017: The Architectural Newspaper Specsheet: The Future is now
- Jan 2017: Hotelier Magazine, pg 53-55: Millennial by Design
- Jan 2017: Boutique Design: Tech Talk
- Hotelier: LumiFi Offers Innovative Lighting Ideas for Hoteliers
- Hotel Business: LumiFi Sheds Light on Smart Lighting
- Hospitality Technology: LumiFi Introduces Lighting Control Software
- LEDs Magazine: Will IoT-enabled lighting controls be the death of traditional light switches?
- Hotel Business Design: Enhance experience through innovation
- Hospitality Interiors: Hospitality Lighting Trends 2016 (p.7-15)
- LEDinside: Interoperability Is Still the Biggest Hurdle for Smart Lighting
- EDN Network: The Death of the Light Switch
- Yachting Magazine: Design Matters
- Architectural Products Magazine: Noteworthy LumiFi (p.21)
- Internet of Things Today: "What is Value of Smart Lighting in Standalone Systems in Relationships to Ecosystems or Platforms?"
- IoT Journal: "The Current Problem With Value Creation in the IoT Smart Lighting Industry"
- West Coast Lighting Insider: "Lighting Insider Blog: The Error in the current Smart Lighting Business Model"
- Made in China: LumiFi Files Patent for Smart Lighting Control Market
- DZone / IoT Zone: "Additional Considerations Regarding the Internet of Things"
- EnLIGHTenment: "Smart Lighting in the Age of the Internet of Things"
- Today's Leading Women Interview: "How To Bring Your Lights To Life" with Beatrice Witzgall of LumiFi
- Lightecture: Territoro Creativo LumiFi (p.10)
- Zondits: Energy Efficient LED Bulbs That Can Help You Sleep Better
- Architectural Lighting: High-Tech Lights to Help Baby Sleep
- The New York Times: High-Tech Lights Help Baby Sleep, or Students Stay Alert
- App Masters Podcast: The Future of Smart Lighting with Beatrice Witzgall
- LED Inside: LumiFi Files Patent for Smart Lighting Control Software
- Mondo Arc: Lighting Talk
- BizLED Magazine: New Software for hotels that allows total lighting control
- Forbes: Lumifi Roadmap Video: Controlling Lighting From Your Smartphone
- DZone: The DZONE Guide to the IoT: "Executive Insights on The Internet of Things" (p.24-25)
- Snap Magazine: Interior Lighting LumiFi
- Xconomy: Astro Twists in Its Smart Light Bulbs in Connected Apartments
- Interiors & Sources: LumiFi: Digital Toolbox: LumiFi's Light Control App
- Meet Advisors: This is the "Land of the Free." Take Advantage of It
- A1 Lighting: LumiFi, Staying In Control
- Hospitality Design: Special Judges Award: Technology
- Hospitality Design Award: LumiFi- The Intuitive Lighting Experience App
- The Native Society: Beatrice Witzgall, Founder & CEO of LumiFi
- Creator Magazine: LumiFi: Let Your Mood Illuminate the Room
- A1 Lighting: "Eyes on LumiFi"
- The Legacy Project: "Beatrice Witzgall, CEO and Founder of LumiFi"
- PC Magazine: The Most Interesting Products of TechCrunch Disrupt
- Xconomy: LumiFi: Sombar's Robot Bartender Trying to be the "Keurig of Cocktails"
- The Lighting Guy Podcast: Episode 11, Arch SSL- LumiFi
- The Creator Magazine: Let your Mood Illuminate The Room
- Huffington Post: Women in Business Q&A: Beatrice Witzgall, CEO and Founder LumiFi
- About Design Magazine: Award: Lighting Control Software: LumiFi by Beatrice Witzgall
- Architectural Products: AP Product Wire: LED's: Curated Controls
- Hospitality Design: HD Special Judges Award for Technology
- Hospitality Interiors, April 2015: LumiFi - The Intuitive Lighting Experience App; online link here
- Claim Magazine: Lighting Control Software: LumiFi
- The Product Designer: Lighting Control Software by Beatrice Witzgall
- Automated Buildings: AHR Chicago: Not So enLIGHTening
- BizLed Magazine: New software for hotels that allows total lighting control
- Xconomy: Need for New Approaches to Encourage Women to Join, and Stay in, Tech
- ZDNet: CES 2015: The home automation challenge
- CES Launchit: LumiFi Selected for ShowStoppers Launch.it Pitch Event
- The Next Web: 10 more exciting early-stage start-ups to look out for!
- The Next Web: What must happen to spark mass adoption of connected lighting?
- Xconomy: LumiFi App Brings Curated Mood Lighting to the Connected Home Scene
- Futurezone: 2014 Innovation Awards Nomination powered by Philips: "Die Wahl der Innovation des Jahres": Selection #8
Pre-LumiFi Related Press
- Light Online, Russia: “10 ways on how to create a cozy atmosphere at home in these cold dark winter weeks”
- Charterworld, January: “Lighting Design for Superyachts
- Super Yacht Design Q8, Quarter 3: “The Light in your life”
- Yacht Style, YS18 Autumn: “The Lighter Side”
- Lighting the Way, The Superyacht Owner
- Hospitality Design: Fashion 26: “Project Runway”
- Metropolis Magazine, January 2004: “How will we live in 2010? – Interactive Retail”
- Metropolis Magazine, April 2003: Observed: “If these walls could respond”
- MIT Press, Journal for Urban Planning and Architecture: “Projections: Making Places through Information Technology: Enhancing Conversation through Context Output” | Paper Version